Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Killer day for a Killer three weeks

Joe and Taylor standing behind our killer tap box
Sold out crowd at Iowa Craft brew fest.
After three weeks of working at Peace Tree learning and gaining a better understanding of the industry, I didnt think anything could be any more fun than what I had already done. Then came the Craft Brew Fest, what a day. After finding a parking spot I walked to the small section of street in fron Racoon River Brewing Co. where the Iowa Craft Brew Fest would be held. I found Megan and Scott and soon after are crew of sunglass wearing rock star look alikes came bouncing out of the Peace Tree truck. We unloaded our newly built tap box made from an old cooler and a spare bumper and got the kegs ready for the day. at this point everything was pretty chill me and Megan folded programs and waited for people to show up. Little did we know that the people would come in mobs. Megan was taking money and I was trying to put wrist bands on everyone. Wearing my mohawk beer helmet we kept shuffling the 100s upon 100s of people through the lines. Eventually we ran out of  programs and glasses closed the lines and the real fun began.
Me serving up some Peace Tree
Next I took over for Paul at the tap-box and started handing out samples of beer, which became exciting fast. Never having a down time I constantly gave out samples of the Blonde Fatale, Rye Porter, Hefeweizen, IPA,Red Rambler and the Rye Barleywine. Making fun of everyone that asked for a "light " beer which Peace Tree does not have and commending those that knew what they wanted, made everything fly on by. I eventually adorned a blonde wig, along with my friends Keith Mccarthy, Ethan Logsdon and Rory Hennessy. At this point I filled up a pint glass  for myself and a growler and walked around and handed out samples to everyone in the crowd. I looked for two things empty glasses and hot chicks both of which I found in the abundance, this had to be my favorite part of the day. When I walked around not only did I achieve as Taylor says "Rock Star Status" but I actually got to talk to people and ask them what they thought about our beer, the festival in general, them it was awesome I met tons of amazing people most of which I will probably never see again.
As the day wound down I actually got to sample some of the other breweries beers, which were awesome. We finished off a keg of Hefeweizen and partied the night away (we'll keep where a secret). This was the perfect event to finish an amazing three weeks with Peace Tree. Megan, Scott, Joe, Dani, Taylor and Paul have all been awesome and I've learned a lot from all of them and thank them for this opportunity. But...I'm not gone yet. I must be doing soemthing right because Megan and the crew have decided to let me stay on for the summer working in the Tap Room and helping wherever else I can. I'm excited to keep this all going and  for any of you that have been reading about what I've been doing with Peace Tree follow my blog or follow me on Twitter @kaleblivingston just in case I post something that doesn't have to do with Peace Tree. Check in later on "My Brewing Adventure".
Ethan and Keith with the Blonde Fatale wigs

No comments:

Post a Comment